Saturday, October 25, 2014

Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road revisited revisited

Today I revisit the examination of the first reexamination of the Sir Elton John classic, 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.'  I'm like a dog with a bone on this one.  The main problem is that, once being exposed (like Cholera) to the lyrics, I can't listen to this one anymore.  I want my $1.29 back.


Between all the horny toads hopping around, society's howling dogs, and bizarre talk of plows and farming, this song is permanently ruined.  It appears that Elton would sing anything that Taupin put in front of him.  He could tear a page out of a phone book and Elton would have wrapped a catchy tune around it.

Goodbye yellow brick road
Mr. Nussmeier can be reached at

316-5817
And don't step on these toads

No comments:

Post a Comment