Monday, October 6, 2014

The Best Commercials

As a companion piece to the award winning 'The Worst Commercials'*, I present my piece 'The Best Commercials.'  My assistant and housekeeper, Maria, said "¿Usted quiere que yo aspire el sofá?" Roughly translated, she said, "Your blog is awfully negative.  Too facetious for most."

So, I took Maria's advice and wrote the positive and morally uplifting article, 'Your Face Disturbs Me.'  But this contained the negative word 'not,' so I crumpled it into a ball and tossed it into the trash.  Actually, I just dragged the file into the virtual trashcan.  The computer asked me, "Are you sure you want to delete this piece of shit?"  I thought my computer was being a little rude so I went into the kitchen, poured myself another cup of coffee, took a sip, and decided, after a few moments of staring at the homeless man getting beaten in the Albertson's parking lot below, that the article really was a piece of shit.  So, I went back to the computer and answered "Yes."

Anyway, here are some of the best commercials, in no particular order, and somewhat recent.  All of them can be found on YouTube.


The Hyundai Sonata commercial with the little girl driving from the backseat.  A Joan Jett soundtrack is featured too.



The 'Don't Touch My Dart' commercials are weird and absurd.


You may have not seen this one but it features a bottle of Ensure ejecting unhealthy foods from a refrigerator.  It could be called, 'The Apprehension of the Corn Dogs.'  My favorite part is when one of the Corn Dogs parachutes out of the fridge using a piece of lettuce.


Another absurd Dodge commercial.


*I gave myself the Really Amazing Observations award.  The award itself is made out of old newspapers, toothpicks, and super-glue.  There was one other nomination, which I crushed.  They only got one vote.  It was from my imaginary frirend Steve.  By the way, fuck you Steve.

1 comment:

  1. I like this format. You were right to move this from fb

    ReplyDelete