Saturday, November 15, 2014

Rush is Better Than Sliced Bread

Today we review the collective works of Rush - the famous Canadian export.  We thought April Wine was the best thing since sliced bread but we obviously had it all wrong.

  1. Geddy Lee's bizarre warbling.  Geddy went in the hospital to get his pie-hole sewn shut but the doctor said, "I can't operate on him.  This is my son."

    So they summoned another doctor.   The doctor said, "I can't operate on him.  This is my son."

    How is this possible?

    Incidentally, here are Geddy Lee's original notes for the 'Moving Pictures' album. 

  2. Neil Peart's indulgent drumming.  When Neil was a little boy, his mother asked, "Hey Neil, you little shit, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

    "I want to play drums for an overrated rock band and our singer will have a big nose and sound like our car when you turn the wheel all the way!"

    "I see.  Mommy would like your father to stop drinking and stop hitting mommy, but you can't always get what you want."

    "My drum set will have a thousand pieces!"

  3. The fucked-up weird as hell songs.  From Tom Sawyer to salesmen.  Geddy Lee screams about them both as though they're threatening him with a rusty steak knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment